Shroom TECH™ Sport (28ct)
Available on back-order
Shroom TECH Sport battles fatigue with a strategy unlike any other supplement on the market, providing cellular energy through the production of ATP rather than purely stimulant-based energy, and helping the body to improve oxygen utilization so you can go longer, recover faster, and set a new personal best.
DVANCED ATP ENERGY with Cordyceps Sinensis
The idea behind Shroom TECH Sport was to create a supplement that real athletes could take safely every day — even the day of competition. We wanted clean energy, ingredients with a history of use in high-level competition, and general health benefits; we believe we have found it in our exclusive combination of cordyceps sinensis mushroom, adaptogens, antioxidants, and methyl B-12. Shroom TECH Sport battles fatigue with a strategy unlike any other supplement on the market, providing cellular energy through the production of ATP rather than purely stimulant-based energy, and helping the body to improve oxygen utilization so you can go longer, recover faster, and set a new personal best.
Shroom TECH™ Sport Research
Shroom TECH Sport combines a host of all-natural, competition safe nutrients, led by the traditionally revered Chinese ‘caterpillar mushroom’: Cordyceps Sinensis. Cordyceps enjoyed the distinction of being the world’s most expensive nutritional supplement for much of the 20th century. Recent advances in cultivation combined with the publicity from the success at the 1993 Chinese National Games have increasingly brought it into scientific interest.
Applications of Cordyceps and its extracts are hypothesized to be centered primarily on the key effects of increased oxygen utilization, increased cellular ATP production and the stabilization of blood sugar metabolism. The presence of adenosine, cordycepin, and cordycepic acid; polysaccharides; vitamins; and trace elements may be, at least partially, the cause for such effects. [source] An increase in cellular ATP results in an increase in useful energy. This is in contrast to the perceived increase in energy that occurs from the use of CNS stimulants, such as caffeine, ephedrine, and amphetamines, which ultimately results in an energy deficiency. This is a distinct advantage that an ATP focused energy product like Shroom TECH Sport has over other ‘pre workout’ stimulant based formulas. There is a naturally occurring amount of caffeine in the green tea extract found in the formula, ranging from 30-45mg per dose. For reference, an average cup of coffee contains roughly 95mg of caffeine.
It should be noted that cordyceps and the Russian adaptogen rhodiola have been identified as being particularly synergistic, and many of the studies done on performance included rhodiola, as does Shroom TECH Sport.
Human Studies On Cordyceps
- Cordyceps Increases Oxygen Utilization By 50%
In a double-blind study published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, researchers gave 30 male athletes either cordyceps or a placebo. The athletes did not change their exercise routine during the study. After six weeks, the cordyceps group’s oxygen intake was almost double the placebo group’s. Oxygen intake is crucial to supplying nutrients to the muscles and preventing fatigue and the buildup of lactic acid. [source, source]
- Cordyceps Increases Aerobic Capacity by 9%
In another study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 30 healthy elderly Chinese people took either 3 g of cordyceps daily or a placebo. After six weeks, aerobic capacity in the cordyceps group increased 9 percent, which researchers say produced higher energy levels, while those taking the placebo saw no energy change.
Human Studies On Cordyceps Combined with Rhodiola
- Groundbreaking 131 Patient Double Blind Trial Show Increases in Aerobic Capacity in Proprietary Cordyceps/Rhodiola Blend
131 healthy male volunteers ages 40-70 were enrolled in a double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study by the Rippe Lifestyle Institute of Shrewsbury, MA. The study employed sports physiology methods, measuring exercise capacity, endurance performance, and exercise related metabolic alterations before, in the middle of, and after the 12-week study treatment with the proprietary blend of Cordyceps and Rhodiola named CordyMax. The results are as follows:
- Maximal exercise– Peak volume of oxygen (VO2peak) consumption increased by 5.5%. The time to VO2peak increased by 4.1% in the CordyMax group.
- Sub-maximal, endurance exercise–The time for 1-mile walk was reduced by 29 sec in CordyMax group (p=0. 05) The Jeukendrup bike test exercise work output also increased 8% over the placebo.
- Body Weight was reduced by 1.2% in the CordyMax group vs placebo·
- Diastolic blood pressure was reduced by 3.2% in the CordyMax group (p=0.045)
- Training In Altitude With Cordyceps Decreases Cortisol and Improves Treadmill Running
18 healthy male subjects between the ages of 19 and 20 were taken into high altitude and divided into two groups, one receiving 1400 mg of Cordyceps and Rhodiola, while the other received an identical placebo. The group receiving the Cordyceps showed increased EPO sensitivity, decreased cortisol levels and significant improvement in treadmill running vs. the control group. [source]
- Cordyceps Significantly Improves Vo2 Max, Oxygen Uptake, Aerobic Capacity, and Resistance to Fatigue In Double-Blind Trial
Thirty-seven healthy chinese subjects were given either a proprietary combination of Cordyceps and Rhodiola, or identical placebo capsules. Their exercise performance was tested before and after 6 weeks of treatment with a symptom-limited, incremental work rate protocol on a cycle ergometer. Maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max) was measured using a metabolic chart. The results showed a statistically significant improvement in VO2 max, energy levels, and exercise capability.[source]
Cordyceps has proven to be a nontoxic fungal substance with wide-ranging physical and chemical effects on the body. No human toxicity has been reported, and animal models failed to find an LD50 (median lethal dose) injected i.p. in mice at up to 80 g/kg per day, with no fatalities after 7 days. [source] Given by mouth to rabbits for 3 months, at 10 g/kg per day (n = 6), no abnormalities were seen from blood tests or in kidney or liver function.[source]
Shroom TECH™ Sport Ingredients
- Vitamin B-12 (Methylcobalamin)
B-12 is one of the most popular energy-associated B vitamins, however by unlucky accident the most common lab-produced form of B-12 is cyanocobalamin, not Methylcobalamin. Cyanocobalamin is created through charcoal filtering and leaves the body to shed a small amount of excess Cyanide. We are using the coenzyme form of vitamin B-12, known as methylcobalamin or methyl B-12. It’s the only form of vitamin B-12 which can directly participate in homocysteine metabolism. In addition, converting homocysteine to methionine via methyl B-12 generates an increased supply of SAMe (S-adenosyl methionine), the body’s most important methyl donor. Indeed, some of the benefits of methyl B-12, such as protection from neurotoxicity, appear to derive from increased production of SAMe.
Particularly of value to those who travel to other time zones, available information indicates that methylcobalamin can modulate circadian rhythm (your 24-hour clock). Pre and post dosing on a long flight with Methylcobalamin may lead to quicker recovery of normal sleep cylcles and refreshing sleep.
- Chromium (As Chromium Picolinate)
Chromium often overlooked as a very important mineral for bodily functions, primarily energy and the maintenance of healthy blood sugar levels. In cooperation with naturally produced GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor) it enhances insulin, which aids sugars passing quicker into the cells. Chromium chelate (picolinate) is the best absorbed form of chromium.
- Onnit™ Performance Blend
(Pure Cordyceps Super™, Organic Cordyceps sinensis, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Rhodiola [Rhodiola rosea], Ashwaganda Root, Astragalus)
- Pure Cordyceps Super™: Produced specially for Onnit™ Labs by Aloha Medicinals, this extract is the best available form of cordyceps on the market today. Extensive research in creating bio-identical mushrooms to those naturally occurring in the wild has set aloha apart as the elite cordyceps producer, and this is their flagship achievement.
- Organic Cordyceps sinensis: Several thousand years ago high in the mountains of Tibet, herdsmen noticed that when their herds grazed on caterpillar fungus, they were noticeably more lively, energetic, and could stay on the move for far longer. Taking a lesson from their animal kin, they sampled the mushroom and found a similar effect. Unbeknownst to them were the mechanisms of action behind this highly prized mushroom. Containing the active ingredients adenosine and cordycepic acid, as well as a host of phytonutrients, cordyceps has been shown in some studies to increase oxygen utilization, aerobic capacity, and cellular energy. Cultivated in optimal conditions by Aloha Medicinals, our Cordyceps is ideal for both casual and professional athletes of all types.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized to at least 98% polyphenols, 75% catechins, 45% EGCG): Green tea has been associated with good health for thousands of years, but only recently has science understood exactly why. With the combination of catcechins, polyphenols and the highly potent EGCG, green tea extract has been shown to be 20 times more antioxidant-active than Vitamin C. Particularly valuable in scavenging lipid free-radicals, this ancient and powerful antioxidant will be a major ally in protecting against the neurotoxicity of excessive vital exertion. In addition, green tea will offer the body its well known effects on energy and metabolism.
- Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea): Rhodiola rosea herb grows in the Arctic regions of eastern Siberia. Russians have been drinking rhodiola tea for centuries as an energy booster and Russian and Chinese scientists have researched the benefits of Rhodiola root for several decades. The root has a reputation for stimulating the nervous system, enhancing work performance, decreasing fatigue, and reducing high altitude sickness. This herb has been categorized as an adaptogen by Russian researchers due to its observed ability to increase resistance to a variety of chemical, biological, and physical stressors. The adaptogenic, cardiopulmonary protective, and central nervous system activities of rhodiola rosea root have been attributed primarily to its ability to influence levels and activity of monoamines and opioid peptides such as beta-endorphins. Interestingly, in smaller doses the herb is believed to be more stimulating than in larger doses.
- Ashwagandha Root: One of the pillars of Ayurvedic medicine, this tonifying herb that is often called “Indian Ginseng” is prized for many varied benefits. As with most adaptogens, Ashwagandha is useful in helping the body handle stress by supporting a variety of bodily functions with its combination of withanolides, alkaloids, fatty acids, and amino acids. The particular ability of Ashwagandha to help assist with mental acuity and reaction time (source), possibly due in part to cholinergic activity, also makes this herb of particular value to athletes.
- Astragalus: Astragalus root is widely used in traditional Chinese medicine for its immuno-stimulating properties. It is highly synergistic with active nutritional mushroom alkaloids and helps to unlock the potential of cordyceps sinensis.
Contains naturally occurring caffeine in Green Tea leaf Extract.
Shroom TECH™ Sport Use:
Take a serving of the greater of 3 capsules or 1 capsule per 50 lbs. of body weight, 45 minutes prior to physical exertion or competition, preferably on an empty stomach. When not engaging in planned physical exertion, take a serving of 1-2 capsules in the afternoon on an empty stomach to maintain daily energy. Do not exceed more than 6 capsules in any 24 hour period unless otherwise directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Warnings: DO NOT use if pregnant, nursing or under the age of 18. Consult with a healthcare practitioner before taking this or any nutritional supplement if you have or suspect a medical condition, are taking any medications, particularly blood thinners or drugs related to cardiac health, over the counter products or other non-Onnit dietary supplements. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Store in a cool dry place. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
What do you think of Shroom TECH™ Sport?