ViruTech from Onnit (60ct)
Retail Price - €19.95
3 in stock (can be backordered)
What is ViruTech?
Formerly “Vitamin C & Lysine,” we opted to go full fury and create a proprietary formula to help the body deal with both oxidative stress and immune challenges. ViruTech is a skillful combination of potent immuno-supportive nutrients, each of which has gone through the gauntlet of clinical research. The balance of amino acids and antioxidants is a foundation for a powerful defense strategy for your body’s immune system.
L-Lysine, an essential amino acid, forms the base of the vitality blend along with perhaps the most famous immune supplement, Vitamin C. Rounding out this formula is a stack that includes quercetin and alpha lipoic acid, two of the most powerful flavonoids working with the body to further eliminate free radicals and assist with the defense against immune challenges.
Size: 60 capsules
What is the difference between Shroom TECH Immune and ViruTech?
While both ViruTech and Shroom TECH Immune are beneficial to healthy immune function, they vary greatly in both philosophy and mechanism of action. Shroom TECH Immune is a food based formula that harnesses the power of micronized mushrooms to help the body create a stronger immune system on a cellular level. ViruTech is a targeted compound-based supplement that works with the body to help reduce immune challenges. The strategy of bolstering the standing army of immune responders while actively working to reduce immune threats forms a powerful one-two combination for the immune system. Because of this, we recommend taking both of these formulas in tandem during times of stress, or for increased protection, and have included them in our Total Primate Care daily packs.
- Quercetin – Quercetin is an antioxidant found in fruits and vegetables that acts in several ways to support the body’s optimal working condition. Clinical research suggests quercetin may help the body have an inhibitory effect on the virus replication process [source]. Quercetin is also one of the prized ingredients in a concoction of antioxidants used to approach severe immune related complications [source].
- L-Lysine – Lysine is an essential amino acid that helps to improve calcium absorption, collagen synthesis, and assists the body in protecting against certain immune challenges. Increasing lysine intake can compete with the use of arginine by host cells in viral replication, helping to antagonize the growth of infected cells [source]. In controlled studies, lysine supplements have been shown to help the body diminish the discomfort and frequency of these immune challenges [source].
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is an antioxidant crucial for cellular energy production. ALA protects cell membranes by interacting with vitamin C and glutathione, allowing the production of Vitamin E [source]. Small amounts of lipoic acid are found in green vegetables such as broccoli, however, the amount needed to provide clinical benefit may be best provided via supplementation. ALA also is a key player in a “triple antioxidant” combination used to shield the liver from free radical damage [source]. ALA may also help the body decrease the formation of Advanced Glycation End-factors (AGE) [source]. Elevated levels of AGE contribute to reduced levels of nitric oxide, a necessary component for optimal blood flow to the muscles.
- Selenium – Selenium is an essential trace element necessary for optimal immune function. There is increasing evidence that sub-optimal levels of selenium may be linked to a host of degenerative issues including poor immune system health and cognitive decline [source]. Diminishing availability of selenium is creating a concern for European countries such as the UK due to selenium’s myriad functions in a healthy body. [source].
- Zinc – Zinc is an important micronutrient and cofactor in more than 300 enzymes that have a secondary effect on the immune system [source]. As many as 2 billion people worldwide are zinc deficient [source]. Zinc depletion, potentially resulting in an immune compromise, can occur from dietary limitations as well as excessive alcohol consumption [source]. Even a slight zinc deficiency can start to generate a negative impact on bodily function. Zinc is tied closely to selenium in the fact that poor status of either of these elements can potentially have a detrimental impact on mood and immune function [source].
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that is crucial for cell protection and has the potential to help the body reduce the duration of certain immune challenges. Similar to many B-vitamins, vitamin C rapidly declines during times of stress and/or infection [source].
ViruTech Suggested Use:
For adults, take a serving of 2 capsules up to twice daily, preferably with a light meal. Do not exceed 6 capsules in a 24 hour period unless otherwise recommended by a health care practitioner.
Check out our full range of Onnit products.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
What do you think of ViruTech?